Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chanel Fabric

I have found my fabric for my Chanel Jacket.

I visited The Fabric Store last Friday afternoon and found this wonderful tweed and it was on sale as well.



It has a cream base with mauve, aubergine, brown through it and it really lifts my aubergine wool. I'm so happy.

I am trying to find some interesting lining to use. I keep changing my mind about my trim, will I use the fringed edge or braid. I have 2 Chanel jackets and they both have braid and I think I do prefer this style.

One of my problems is that I'm having problems finding any trims here in Sydney so if anyone knows where I can look please let me know. My sister is visiting me from Brisbane this weekend, so I will give her a sample of both of my fabrics so she can visit Scakfs Fabrics (who advertise such wonderful trims in the Australian Stitches Magazine) for me when she goes home to see what they can come up with.

Last week this book found it's way to my home.



I must admit to not reading too much at this stage, I've been busy getting my prep week in order for the WiaW.

3 comments:

velosews said...

I just love the fabric you've bought from The Fabric Store.

kbenco said...

Ooh, your fabric, Ooh your book. This looks like so much fun. I hope your sister can find you the right trims.

Nancy said...

That tweed is positively exquisite. Even I could wear those colors as a Summer.