Sunday, May 18, 2014

A new necklace

At the Stitches & Craft show in March at Rosehill, I found a new bead shop at Winston Hills, Zilchbeads so just before we flew out for our trip I booked myself in for a class.

The thing I struggle most with beading is how to co-ordinate the colours, I can do it for my wardrobe but not for the beads, so this is where the lovely Vicki and Janelle at Zilchbeads were so helpful.

I took along this fabric and said I wanted to make a necklace to go with it.

This is the bead combination and pattern that we came up with, I am thrilled!




Now to work out when I can head there again.


9 comments:

Dilliander said...

How gorgeous and such a lovely match with your new top!

Su-z said...

That IS a lovely combination. Makes me want to get back into beading again to see such a nice necklace.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. :-)

BeaJay said...

Gorgeous. Must learn how to do this - I love your jewellery

RhondaBuss said...

So pretty. You always make such pretty pieces.

Diana said...

That is awesome,Sharon!! You make me want to go to Michael's and sign up for a class!

Sue said...

Stunning!

Sarah Liz said...

That is just beautiful, Sharon. Lovely colours and will go with so many of your clothes colours.

Vicki said...

Very pretty. Will go very nicely.