Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dress A Girl Around the World

As part of the ASG's initiative for SewMayhem, some of us from the Alexandria Achievers ASG Group held at the Remnant Warehouse made some dresses for the charity Dress A Girl Around the World - Dress a Girl Sydney & Australia.

I remember very clearly purchasing this fabric, it was on my first visit to Kerryn's Fabric World back in 2003.  I have tried to work with this fabric for a number of years however it has an uneven stripe and the multitude of colours keeps seeing me putting it back in my stash.


This seemed the perfect way to use the fabric.

I made a size 8 and 3 from 1.5 metres of fabric.


Now to get these in the post.


******************
2014 Stash Out: 10.45 m
2014 Stash In: 40.75 m

5 comments:

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

How very charitable of you. Great use of this stripy fabric and I'm sure you have made a couple of little girls very happy.

Cherrypix said...

Gorgeous dresses, Sharon!
Great way to get into the spirit of National Sewing Month!

Anonymous said...

What lovely, cheery dresses. Sure to put a smile on their new owners' faces.

BeaJay said...

How cute are they and a great use of the fabric.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet. Every girl loves a new dress and somewhere there will be some happy little girls.