Sunday, May 3, 2015



Yes I am participating again this year, to meet new people and to catch up with others that I only seem to see during the month at the Flicker Group.

My pledge is the same as last year, even though I have made one bra, I do have a long way to go before I can include lingerie.

I, Sharon from Petite & Sewing sign up as a participant of Me Made May 2015.  I will wear handmade clothing (except lingerie) for the duration of May.  I would like to by the end of the month conquer my fear of elastic and make some knickers.

The month started off with a 3 day weekend for me, heading south to The Tops Conference Centre for 2 and bit days of sewing with 30 other women, how perfect!

Friday 1 May

Just setting up.
Top:  Kwik.Sew 3740 (without the cowl) in orange/brown/cream arrows heads (blogged here)
Jeans: Jalie 2908 Jeans in brown denim (blogged here)
Accessory: Me made Chain Maille necklace (blogged here) and purchased earrings
Boots: Sandler Sampson brown boots

Saturday 2 May


Top:  Kwik.Sew 3740 (without the cowl) in blue and gold swirls (blogged here)
Jeans: Jalie 2908 Jeans in drak blue denim (blogged here)
Accessory: Me made blue and gold rope necklace and earrings (blogged here)
Boots: Sandler Sampson brown boots

Sunday 3 May

I can't believe how much stuff I took!
Top:  Kwik.Sew 3740 (with the cowl) in orange swirls (blogged here)
Jeans: Jalie 2908 Jeans in brown denim (previously worn on Day 1)
Accessory: Purchased gold choker with cream pendant and earrings
Boots: Sandler Sampson brown boots

I hope to share some actual sewing during May, so I will upload my outfits weekly so as not to overload all of us.


10 comments:

L said...

You are really working that Kwik Sew pattern! I must add this one to the buy-now list. =) I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your clothes for MMM15.

Becky said...

Such wonderful me-made inspiration, beautiful accessories too.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your outfits are nice and a wonderful start to MMM15. However, can I hear a little more about what you made during the conference?

JanQ said...

Great looking co-ordinated weekend wardrobe. Got to love that KS top pattern.
Look forward to seeing the rest of your May made garmnents :)
Skye

BeaJay said...

It was a wonderful weekend away - thank you so much for organising it. Loved seeing all of your outfits - especially the cabramatta fabric envy top. I really enjoy seeing these MMM posts.

Elizabeth Made This said...

A great start to MMM!

Robyn said...

You're off to a great start - I'm sitting this one out but I don enjoy seeing what everyone is wearing (as if I need to add anything else to my sewing list!). Undies are really fun to sew and you don't really want to stop once you start!

Sarah Liz said...

Like Robyn, I'm sitting this out - I'm a little pre-occupied with the storm damage effects at the moment. So I shall enjoy watching the intrepid MMM15 participants. I think anyone that makes their own lingerie is brave - as you say, stretching and stitching lace on neatly is not easy - a real fight with the machine as well.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Lovely coordinated outfits and I am very envious of your sewing weekend away.

albert said...

It was a wonderful weekend away - thank you so much for organizing.
Online Manual Printing